nurturing the best possible start

THANK YOU, Patisserie Daniel

Thu, 08/10/2017 - 08:16 -- elizabeth

THANK YOU to Daniel, of Patisserie Daniel, on Cook Street in Victoria, BC! Daniel is a strong supporter of early childhood. He takes his role as dad seriously and talks with love about his children. He even watched and commented on the “Conversations with KIDCARECANADA” SHAW TV shows that aired in many parts of BC last year.

Yesterday we told Daniel of an event taking place at the Peninsula Early Years Centre this morning with 10-12 early childhood specialists. (They will pilot the new ABCs book with the families they serve.) Daniel immediately took a LARGE cake box and filled it to overflowing with wonderful cookies right out of the oven. We so very much appreciate your kindness and generosity, Daniel, and your great talent. Daniel was camera-shy and so were his colleagues, but if you are ever at 1729 Cook Street in Victoria, do go in and try some of the outstanding breads, cakes, savories and cookies he and his team prepare every day.

You can see some here

And you can talk to him about early childhood. He knows a lot!

We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia
We thank the Victoria Foundation for their support
Vancouver FoundationWe acknowledge the financial support of the Vancouver Foundation

The content of KidCareCanada videos is informed by current research and shared by experts in the field. It should not be used for diagnosing or treating, and is NOT a substitute for professional care.

If you (or someone you know) has thoughts of doing self-harm, or harm to a baby or anyone else, please call to speak with a trained crisis worker. Local Crisis Helpline numbers can be found through a Google Search.  In British Columbia, Canada you can call Mental Health Support (BC-wide) at 310-6789 or you can call the North American line 1 800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
In ANY crisis, your local emergency number is another option and it is always available. Use 911 in North America, 999 in the UK or, if you're elsewhere, use the emergency number for your area.